Monday 14 September 2009

Day 25: Day of Rest

Ouch. Today, I woke up and I could barely move. The combined strain of hiking Machu Picchu mountain followed by Pisac the next day is finally coming back to bite me. My calves are so sore that I shuffle across the floor rather than walk. Good thing this coincides with our already planned: day of rest. Ming's not feeling to bad. Something about step class and exercise... I dunno, I wasn't fully listening... too much pain.

By lunch time, I was able to hobble over to the Blue Puppy restaurant.


Ming got a Machu Picchu. Pretty cool drink. You're supposed to sip it with a straw as you draw the glass away from you, so that you get all three flavors.


I was happy with my coke.

As we finished up a late lunch, we saw that the US Open's mens finals was about to start. Thus, I decided to hobble back over to the guest house and watch the Del Potro / Federer match. Turns out when you watch it in Spanish, they don't cut away when the players start cursing. I was surprised to hear Federer cursing up a storm when arguing with the judge about Del Potro's tendency to take to long when challenging the calls. His expression was deadpan though.


With a long day of rest, I'm hoping to feel better by tomorrow, when we're scheduled to go rafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment