Sunday 3 December 2023

Costa Rica Day 7 - Parting Thoughts

Well...never did get that sloth sighting. This one will have to do. You can't tell, but Ian posed with this QUITE reluctantly. 

From the plane, we actually passed over Guatemala, and the pilot started describing sights to us. Not sure which lake this is, but I have considered Guatemala as a trip in the future! Maybe it's a sign!

There were even some active volcanos visible!


Final thoughts: I really liked that this trip was the kickoff to my 40s. Having done so much travel in my 20s, we stayed pretty land-bound for the past decade (unless you count Disney cruises), so maybe 40s is when we return to passport filling?

Costa Rica is a way more pleasing vacation destination than Mexico, in my opinion.  So much less touristy. And Boena Wilderness Lodges in particular gets an A+ from the Pacuare experience. I am already looking into a return visit where we can check out one of their other lodges -- Lapa Rios and Tortuguero both look pretty good! 

1 comment: