Monday 14 October 2024

Punta Mita - Day 3: Horses by the Beach

It's our last full day today -- the sadness of a short vacation! Once again, enjoyed that 8-hour long sleep and leisurely breakfast. We've pretty much staked out our "spot" at the pool now, an area of 8 loungers with shade -- we start the day in the right group of 4 and then move to the left 4 as the sun shifts.  I'm reading "Outlive" on this vacation -- not sure when I'll actually get around to finishing it once we go back to California, but at least for now, doing a lot of learning about all the ways we are slowly and fastly dying.  If nothing else, it is a fairly effective way to avoid getting too lazy and overeating on vacation! I am making my 10,000+ steps each day at least!

We technically had booked a snorkel/boating adventure for the day but I cancelled it a few days before we left for the vacation.  With only 4 days/3 nights, it seemed like a bit too much. I can say now that was a great call.  With age, I am really embracing "slower" travel. 

So today's big highlight was the trip out to Vista Paraiso for a sunset horseback ride. Punta Mita has had a few really lovely sunsets.

Pretty nice family shot!


Some solo action shots for the crew:





The twins were particularly happy with this excursion because of how exciting the ride was allowed to be (ie, they let everyone get up to a trot whenever we felt like it...which meant the twins were trotting a LOT) and they even took us on controlled cantors at the end!

(I may have put the video on time lapse mode by mistake...but doesn't she look like she's speeding?!? I know we only did it for a few seconds, but have to say that cantor-ing hurts a lot less than trotting...)

No comments:

Post a Comment