Friday 21 May 2010

The conference ends and the vacation begins

I've been in Malta for a few days now, but haven't seen much of Valletta yet for a few reasons. First, I was busy with LREC, a conference about language resources for computation. I presented a poster there, but actually what took most of my time was preparing an iPad app for a demo my group will be giving in Taiwan in a couple of weeks. With that out of the way, I'm free to get the vacation started and use the iPad for more recreational purposes, both of which are exciting!

Ming's supposedly on her way from the airport now, and I'm just typing away in the lobby, starting up this blog while I wait. The hotel has a nice view of a harbor. Here's a shot from the balcony off my room:







The weather's been a bit spotty so far, but it's pretty nice at the moment. Not sure what the plan is for the day, but I'll be sure to bring my camera along!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Tirq L-Assedju L-Kbir,Valletta,Malta

No comments:

Post a Comment