Saturday 22 May 2010

Merchants street

Ming got in safely and we decided to head into town lest she be too tempted by sleep were we to stay near the hotel. We walked down Valletta's main drag called Merchants street.


I suppose there were a lot of merchants, but they all appeared to be hawking the same junk souvenirs as far as I could tell. There were some more interesting views once we got to the end of the island.





One way to get around is by horse, but Velletta's so small we never felt the need to spring a hooved animal.


We decided to save the building interiors for the next day, so we took a lot of pictures of doorways.






I have a feeling that I'll be posting a number of pictures of old grandiose buildings with interesting history I've forgotten to jot down on this trip.


After our walk we took a bus ride over to St. Julians for dinner at Peppinos. The food was better than the bread or wine. Malta's supposed to be famous for their bread in particular, but I was never a fan of the kind of bread that poses a risk of chipping a tooth, which seems to be their specialty.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Luqa,Malta

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to more posts! Looks great on the iPad!

    ReplyDelete